Adult Self Defense Reality Martial Arts (RMA)
RMA…It’s MMA Uncaged!
If you are looking for a Real World Adult Self Defense Art, Krav Maga is not your only option! Integrated Combative Arts Training (iCAT) is dedicated to providing the very best RMA (Reality Martial Arts) training available anywhere in the world. Integrated Combative Arts Training was founded by 2 of the nations leading experts in the field of reality martial arts and self defense. iCAT was founded by Rich Ryan and Walt Lysak Jr. and have been featured in many of the World’s leading martial arts media and events.
Totality Promotes Reality
ICAT employs the most effective techniques from multiple disciplines like MMA, Muay Thai, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Wrestling, and Kali to give our students the most complete and effective Self Defense training anywhere! Of course there are profound differences between sport based martial arts and street fighting. We teach not only how to fight, but also how to avoid a fight using confrontation management skills.
What is Reality Martial Arts?
- RMA is a Reality Based Adult Self Defense for the real World
- RMA contains everything they do in MMA and everything they aren’t allowed to do that is effective for the street.
- RMA goes beyond just simplistic self-defense courses.
- RMA is a personal protection-oriented progressive art form
- RMA is like MMA minus the 4 R’s:
What is iCAT?
iCAT RMA is the most comprehensive, complete, state-of-the-art reality-based martial arts training program in the world today.
- Primarily an adult-oriented Reality Martial Arts program (future programs will include kids programs and tactical programs)
- iCAT RMA is a hybrid of Integrated concepts, methodologies, techniques, tactics and strategies from two systems:
- Richard Ryan’s DCM – The Dynamic Combat Method™
- Walt Lysak’s SENTO Method™
How does iCAT compare with Krav Maga?
On one level, iCAT and Krav Maga are similar in that both arts are effective reality based martial arts. Krav Maga is the self defense of the Israeli Armed Forces. It was taught over a 3 month basic training program prior to becoming active soldiers. Krav Maga is meant to be simple and effective. It was also meant to be used in the military in a country that has different laws and rules than civilian Americans.
While some Krav Maga schools are taught by highly qualified instructors, many other schools become certified to teach Krav Maga over a weekend course without any prior reality self defense training. What’s more, the word Krav Maga simply means “close combat” in Hebrew and it’s trademark has been revoked in the U.S.. Therefore, “Krav Maga” can be used by anyone who chooses to capitalize on its name.
Ultimately, fights are won and lost by people, not by styles. It is always a good idea to research a school and it’s instructors before spending your valuable time and money.
Why Reality Martial Arts at Defensive Edge?
Integrated Combatives Arts Training (iCAT) is our Reality Martial Arts methodology and is taught by Self Defense Expert, Sensei Rick Alford. Alford, has been training for over 32 years and holds several blackbelts including:
- 4th Degree Blackbelt and the National Director of iCAT
- Blackbelt in Lysak’s Sento Method
- 3rd degree Blackbelt in Ed Melaugh’s Small Circle Jujitsu
- Certified Instructor of Fierce Israeli Guerrilla Hand to Hand Tactics
- 3rd Degree Blackblet in Castoldi’s Street Jujitsu
- 1st Degree Blackbelt in Joe Lewis Fighting Systems
- Purple Belt in BJJ
- Level II Muay Thai